2007-09-04

Bamboo -- Come 'n Get it!

I don't hate bamboo, I just hate the fact it covers almost a quarter of my back yard. For those that don't know Bamboo is a very quick growing grass. It also grows to an outrageous height of around 20 feet (although I swear some of my shoots are over 30). When the stuff pops up, you can kick down the shoots to keep it from spreading. I've used this trick to limit this plant's growth to just the back corner of my yard. However, I still have to look at the stuff that grew before I moved in.

Sunday, I finally cracked and decided to cut it down. You get a very surreal feeling when you use a chain saw to mow your yard. Now, I got through a lot of the stuff before my herniated discs started whining about how much work I was doing. Sadly, I now have a pile of this stuff that needs to be gotten rid of. Here's a pic of how this pile looks:



From the back side:



Here's an "up close and personal" shot:



I don't think my back will make it through a "hauling away" session, so here's my plan. If you want it, it's yours. The stuff is located West of the Ashley River in Charleston, SC. All you have to do is let me know you are coming (so I can hide myself, the family, and our dog), and then show up and take it away. If you want to give me some money, that's cool. If you just want to make it disappear, that's fine too. All I want is for this stuff to go away so I don't have to do anything with it.

Why would you want this bamboo you ask? Well, aside from timber, there's lots of uses for bamboo. You can make tiger cages, pretend you're one of the ninjas from House of Flying Daggers, feed your panda, anything you want. Just come and get it. I don't care what you're going to do with it, just take it away so I don't have to.

Here's a pic of the area the bamboo came from. As you can tell, I didn't get all of it. If you want to continue the cutting, feel free.



If it's not gone in two weeks, I will consider this attempt a failure and tend to the task myself. Serious though, spare me the grief. Re-sell value alone should make you happy.

No comments: