2007-07-12

Motherboard Oh Noes!!!111OneOneOne

Ok, lots of stuff shipped today. The only items from my birthday order that are still not heading their way to my door are the GigaWorks THX S750 speakers, and the portatech.com computer. Sadly there is a problem with the computer. Here is the note I got about it today:


The motherboard (intel-dg965ryb) from your order, will not work properly with 4 gigs of ram installed with os-vista-ult-x64 as ordered. We have found that the maximum ram this motherboard supports is 3 gig with this operating system. However, it works properly with 4 gigs of ram when using windows xp home edition 32bit.


Well, I'm going to point out that this is the first computer that I've bought since '98. This computer can expect to be used for just as long, and because so, must be able to last that long. This is why I'm going with 64-bit, 4GB of RAM, and the ultimate edition of Microsoft's 64-bit operating system. If I have to switch out the motherboard to do so, so be it. I will not settle with a watered-down edition of an outdated 32-bit Operating System.

No comments: